Warning

This blog may contain swears

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Heel and toe, heel and toe... slide 2, 3, 4!

Today I taught the kids in my class to do the Heel Toe Polka. It was freakin' excellent. They were mega excited, or what I presumed was excited. It came out a lot like them talking in very loud voices, wiggling around and telling me they didn't want to hold anyone's hands, let alone dosey do. I figured that when I was in primary and high school I whinged, bitched and moaned about having to do dancing, but in the end it was hell fun. It's also hell hard being a teacher with a room full of screaming small boys and girls and trying to teach them dance moves.

Click here to see how it's done. Note: this is not the right music to use. Also, it's good to see the kids in this class are just as crap at it as the ones in mine. I also notice that the way they progress onto the next partner is far less complicated/messy than what I was trying to get them to do. Don't think it would be legal of me to post a video of my grade doing it.. you're just gonna have to take my word for it.

Locating the music was hard enough. I couldn't download it anywhere. Even tried to buy it on iTunes. It was no longer available though... bummer. A lovely girl in my grade said that her dad could download ANYTHING. By god he could, she brought it in the following week. So today we had a heel toe polka feast.

I'm not entirely sure if it's all that excellent of me to be dancing with the kids. The holding hands and all. I figure, if I get sued, fuck it. What a shit world that would be. I'm willing to risk it.

But yes, anyway, in the end I believe much fun was had by all. I lost my voice from all the yelling of instructions. We were all sweaty and thirsty. But goddamn it, there's nothing like that thrill of being 8/9/10 years old and being forced to dance with someone from the opposite sex. I think in the end I'm really doing them a favour by offering them such a broad range of activities and experiences. They were just lucky it was progressive. Perhaps they wont be so lucky next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog Kate, just read it for the first time - keep it up, good as a diary anyway. I remember doing the heel toe polka at primary school too, bet you are a better teacher!! Eric

Nebula said...

HAHAHA I have a video of heel toe polka for adults. It looks AWESOME.

Ah to be 8/9/10 again :D

Kate said...

Dad - Thanks!

Nebula - Heel Toe Polka is hell fun. People should do more dancing like this more often! Very fun!