Warning

This blog may contain swears

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Homeless Katie

My current situation:

When I was in Vancouver last I was sleeping in the lounge room of the house I was living in with April. Aprils work has moved to Toronto and instead of moving with them April has turned the lounge room into an office, so at 7am in the morning for the last 3 days or so I spent in Vancouver the room I was sleeping in became an office and I moved my sleepy arse into Aprils bed.

This is a less than optimal situation, for starters I just feel bad that I’m taking up so much space and not paying rent, if it was just April’s house I’d feel okay, but two other people live there also, and I suspect that they were less than happy about the situation (even though they didn’t say anything about it).

The other alternative living situation is staying with my man friend, he has 4 other house mates who I don’t really know all that well though, so I’d feel bad being this strange Aussie girl hanging out all the time.

This would all be okay I guess, except I really like to spread my belongings out, I like to know what I’ve got, and I like to be able to see it all at once. This of course is just not possible in the current situation. So I have things, but they’re in unmarked/unorganized boxes and bags under Aprils bed, under the kitchen pantry, and in under a bench thing at the entrance of the house. Yay?!

The icing on the cake…. Eliza is coming to visit for 5 days!!! Hahah. I’m super mother fucking pumped to hang out with Eliza, my Aussie mate from College who I lived with for about a year (or more?). It’s all gonna be a little bat shit freakin crazy though. It’ll sort itself out… man friend has charitably offered his Van as accommodation, there’s a cool mattress in there.. it’ll be ace…

Basically I feel like I’m just a big homeless (and financially poor) pain in the arse to everyone. Things will be better as soon as I move back in with April and get a job (hopefully in October).

End of my Canadian adventure went well, went white water rafting. Always wanted to do it. It was real fun, rapids could have been more hardcore though. There was an opportunity to go skydiving and for the first time in my life I actually thought it might be an okay idea (probably because for the first time ever I didn’t really have enough money to do it). Next time?

I leave for the States in a week or two to meet up with the parentals. I’m super excited as I haven’t seen them since late January. I’m slightly nervous too as they are people who I’m very comfortable with, so I’m nervous I’m gonna let out any pent up bad moods/emotions out on them as I haven’t really been comfortable enough with people in Canada to do it. I’m sure I’ll be able to make the effort to not be a moody bitch?! I sure hope so anyway.

6 comments:

Eric said...

Ummm Kate, hang in there! This is the problem of being so far away, cant pop over for the weekend! Where are dads when you need 'em! It will be good to have Eliza there for a few days, say g'day to her for me please. It will be good to catch up with you in about 2 weeks time, so take care, give us a yell anytime, & Im quite happy with a few moody/emotional outbursts, knowing there will be heaps of fun times between them :)

Anonymous said...

Moody outbursts? I may be staying in LA then.

Kate said...

Hahah!!! Nooo! I wont be moody with you, it's different, I didn't grow up with you (not 24/7 anyway), so I'll still be on good behaviour.

You keen to sus some rollercoasters?!

Ben said...

When did dad start using smiley faces.

Ben said...

they are silly and not for old people to use :)

Eric said...

Thanks Ben! Didnt know there was a monopoly on those sort of things :(