Warning

This blog may contain swears

Friday, August 14, 2009

Edmonton Baby!

In about 1998 my Dad sent me a post card from Edmonton with a picture of a rollercoaster inside the Edmonton Mall. Ever since then I have wanted to go to Edmonton. Today, that dream became a reality!


The following is what I wrote in my travel journal:

Holy mother fucking Jesus Christ! What a day! I spent the first half of the day with a stupid excited grin on my face and the other half with a more tired/satisfied look. The mall was definitely everything I had dreamt it would be. It satisfied my big mall with rollercoaster needs. Everything about the mall was big, bright and excessive. I loved it, I reckon today was the best day ever since leaving Vancouver to travel BC/Alberta. Even the washrooms were very lovely and clean.
- There was a sloth! I got to see it move around and scratch its bits, pretty awesome. Good timing too because it waltzed away and wasn’t to be seen for the rest of the day.

- Fish aquarium, really cool

- Fire breathing plastic dragon near cinemas, every 20 mins or so this thing came to life, lots of lightning and shit, and it would breathe fire.

- Seal show, this cute seal did tricks like collect rings and jump up real high at a ball and stuff

- The rollercoasters!!! I went on two, the third looked mega lame. The first one was in an individual cart thing with 4 seats. The cart spun around while going along the tracks. Pretty cool, could have been more fun/scary. The second one was fucking nuts. Looked and sounded real scary. I sat myself right up the front, wanted to make it worth my time and money. The freakin thing stopped dead on the tracks 5 seconds into the ride. We were stopped there for like 5 mins, I was already shitting my pants about the ride. It ended up all good though. Ride scared the hell out of me but was damn fun. I would have gone on it again immediately except it was super pricey.







Anyway, great freakin day. Super glad I came to Edmonton, best shit ever. Dream fulfilled. It’s almost embarrassing how much fun I had, sorry Canadian Rockies, you’re alright.

3 comments:

Eric said...

You are gamer than me Kate ! Glad you had such a good day and fulfilled one of your dreams. Edmonton probably wouldnt have had too much going for it except for the mall. A good story, a bit over discriptive with the adjectivities in some places !!

Anonymous said...

Did the sloth take about five minutes to scratch its balls?

Kate said...

Hahah. It was one of its quicker motions. Much faster than I was expecting. Still quite slow compared to most animals.