Warning

This blog may contain swears

Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Great Dividing Clash

Things went very well in Asheville. Susie and Brian, who we were staying with are extremely lovely people. Both are teachers. I had a very excellent time hanging out with them and they both did so much to show Rich and I the sights and bring on the good times.

The day before Rich and I were meant to leave for 10 000 lakes I looked up the website and discovered that the festival isn't actually located near Detroit in Michigan, as Rich had said, but was infact located in Detroil Lakes, Minnisota. Many mother fucking kilometers further. I'm not going to lie, things hadn't been going particularly well between Rich and I. We both had very different ideas about how the trip was going to play out, and what we wanted from it. I think we are just very different people also. I found him very annoying. I turned into a teenager again around him. I'm not particularly proud of the way I responded to the situation, but something about him put me in this downward angry spiral. I ended up yelling at him... I can't remember the last time I was so angry at someone I felt I had to yell at them.

Anyway... The extra distance the money we would have to spend on gas, the extra time I would have to spend in a car with Rich, and his reaction to my reaction to the extra distance lead to me purchasing a ticket on the next plane back to Vancouver. So here I am, back in Van and I'm very fucking happy about it.

3 comments:

Beck said...

Here, here! I had a good laugh reading that post. Thanks.

Kate said...

Hehe, no worries Beckers, it makes me real happy to know that people are reading and enjoying the blog, makes writing the thing hell worth it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry 'bout the awkward situation, but I did have a good laugh too thinking about mild li'l sis screaming at some poor guy. My imagination just isn't doing it justice.

Ho-dee-ho.