Warning

This blog may contain swears

Friday, July 17, 2009

All Good?

So much has happened. I will try and keep it brief, suspect I will fail though.

Basically I was dumped in Pine Bush, New York. Small town in the middle of no where. I wont get into details, but it was a bit of a shock to the system after at least three of the best weekends of partying in a row ever. Was staying with Richard, guy I met at Woodford folk festival over last New Years.

We drove to this festival called All Good. http://www.allgoodfestival.com/
I hadn’t heard of any of the bands. I was expecting something kinda small. It was huge though. More than 20 000 people. We got there on Thursday and left on Monday. It was the most drugged out festival I’ve ever been to. Never have I seen drugs sold or consumed more obviously. We had to walk down this street to get to the main stage. We called it crack alley. People were just standing on the side of the road yelling out the name of the drug that they were selling. Every second person was smoking weed or popping pills. On the walk back to the tent at night this street was lined with people with balloons of nitrus oxide, I’ve been told it’s just laughing gas, starves your brain of oxygen, real bad for you. Every prick was doing it at this festival. There were used balloons everywhere. So gross.

We were camped next to these two dudes, both early forties. They’ve been friends for ages, met in College. Once a year they make this pilgrimage to the All Good festival to take as many drugs as they can and party as hard as they can. They were actually really damn cool. Never have I met anyone who can party as hard. For the whole 4 days they got about 4 hours sleep and had two meals. They were taking pills, dropping tabs of acid, eating Marley (crushed Ecstasy?) snorting coke, drinking beer and who knows what else. One morning I was up and heard them playing Ween, so I came out to investigate. There they were sucking up some nitrus. They were surrounded by all these little canisters of the stuff and had an almost empty box of 50 canisters sitting next to them. Funny as hell.

At one point there was a few of sitting around drinking and talking. It got onto the topping of a lot of the world really disliking America. One girl said "They're probably just jealous". Man, I laughed so mother freakin' hard. I couldn't stop myself. I'm pretty sure she was damn offended. I just couldn't help myself.

Once that was over we drove towards Asheville, North Carolina. We mainly drove the scenic way, doubling our drive time, but seeing a lot of cool out of the way places. Can’t even remember where we were. Think we saw Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia… not real sure. So here we are in Asheville, staying with Rich’s college friend. It’s this cool little town, full of artsy alternative types. Lots of live music and art galleries. All sorts of good things. I’m liking it.

Plans are: stay here for about a week, drink home brew, eat good food, see live music, hit up some art galleries and go Kayaking. From here we drive to Michigan, to the 10 000 lakes music festival http://www.10klf.com/. It seems way less druggy, more straight edge, bands I’ve heard of. Should be heaps good. Then back to Vancouver at the end of the month. YAY!

I wanted to add photos, but I'm on this old shitty computer that wont let me. Click on the flickr link on the right for photos.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Good to talk to you this morning Kate. Wow ... what an experience you are having, I cant even imagine it. Sure this part of your journey is having heaps of ups and downs - im trying to get my head around all this, lifes experiences good or bad ?? Surely its character building! Still also tying to get my head around those disgusting dunnies you talked about at the "All Good" festival and no showers for 5 days :( Music would have to be good. You take care and keep healthy !! Dad