Warning

This blog may contain swears

Monday, April 27, 2009

The loveliest day

Yesterday was amazing. It consisted of me for the first time in ages being movitaved enough to do something creative of my own accord. I’m beginning to decorate these shorts I bought from an op shop to replicate ones I saw in Japan but was being too much of a tight arse to purchase.


So far I’ve made Jiji, the kitty from Kiki’s delivery service. Not sure if I’m gonna do a bow yet. Thinking about putting a Canadian flag sewable patch on there, that may be going too far though, seems regrettable. Can always take it off though. Will post a photo of the finished product.

The afternoon was spent playing badminton and gardening in the backyard with April. Forgot how much I love just hanging out in the backyard with people. Used to do it all the time as kid, it’s something that’s faded now I have a computer and extreme laziness. Like the good old days of playing badminton in the backyard as a kid, we had strung up a make shift net using a piece of string. Golden.

I also picked up the guts (with the help of April) to venture to the house two doors down to enquire about using their drum kit every now and then. Luckily they were real nice and more than happy to let me have a crack. They also said that they plan on having a few barbeques at theirs and said we could come along. Hoorah!

In the evening April, my other house mate Rodney and I took the sky train into town to meet Beck and Hugues for Japanese food in Gastown. It was this amazing Japanese restaurant that was heaps like the ones in Japan, heaps of yelling. Food was bloody good too.

To top of this excellent day we went home and watched a shitty American movie that required no thinking at all – The Step Brothers. Ahhhh.. what a day.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I think you should find a small canadian flag and fashion it into a bow to sew onto your pants.
Who knew all those painful afternoons at YTFG would eventually pay off? Perhaps you can finish it off with a twist cord? Hahhaa
Miss ya buddy x

Kate said...

lolz!!!

I was trying to remember what the fuck blanket stitch was and whether or not it would help me to sew this shit onto pants... I'm pretty sure it wont though... I am deff looking up some stitches though...

YTFG = young textiles.... something... group? giggling gerties? Fibres!!! It's come back to me! Ha... I'm not sure I miss those days. I could sure embroider some flowers on that shit, that would go down a treat.

four on the floor said...

hey pumpkin! you + denimshorts = much happiness. I've seen it in action! Can they be your travelling pants, like The Sisterhood Of etc? I love how days like that just come out of nowhere. Email in your box soon!

Cheryl Armstrong said...

Loved this blog. Days like these are the loveliest days. Good that you recognised and appreciated the moment, the past, the future and the friendships.

Ben said...

Yeah that was so lame, green puss starting oozing out my eyeballs

Kate said...

I hate it when that happens!