Warning

This blog may contain swears

Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring is in the air

Last week at work I made my first attempt at driving on the right side of the road. I think I did pretty damn well for a first crack. Drove right through the downtown area in this huge freakin van. Lucky it was automatic. It was still fairly nerve racking, and I’m worried that if ever a rushed decision needs to be made I may go back to my old Aussie driving habits. The blinkers are on the left, not the right of the steering wheel. The gear shift is on the right…. Uh oh… sure I’ll get comfortable with it soon enough.


Vancouver doesn’t have the same awesome pubs and bars that Melbourne has, but I’m really appreciating the house parties and the people at the moment. When I go out in Melbourne, usually I’ve got my little posse of people, and would tell any male who approached me to fuck off. I guess that’s not the most conducive way to meet people. I do seem to be a lot more open to meeting people and talking to them at the moment. I guess not being so dang frazzled and drained from teaching help, as does being in another country and not knowing heaps of people. I’m liking it.

April and I went to this excellent house party on the weekend. Dress up theme ‘Dirty Thirties’. He we are looking at our best:


Spring is in the air, everywhere I look around.


Went to VanDusen Botanical gardens yesterday with Beck and Hugues. We were tempted to do a guided tour, but ended up just walking off to explore on our own. Out popped this lovely little old German lady to give us a tour though. At first I was a little peeved as I was still seedy from the previous nights partying and didn’t think I wanted to listen to someone drivel on about plants. It turned out quite well though. She was highly cute and entertaining.


As always, more photos can be seen on flickr.

2 comments:

pocketpower said...

Jesus, can't believe they let you loose on the roads - in a van, nonetheless! Will it eventually have CHILDREN within it? Also, how's your new job going?? Missing the donuts yet? And finally - thanks for your tips, I have removed pesky security shit. The next step is to swear more. Baby steps though! :))))

Kate said...

Hahah... me too!!! No children will ever be in it (or under the wheels hopefully). I only use it to get groceries for the camps.

New jobs going pretty good! I haven't seen any kids yet though... Thursday will be a stressful and crazy day. Not missing donuts at all, that was a pretty turd job. The days went real quick atleast. Sure they will when I start seeing kids too.

No worries with the tips.. I hope it works :-D baby steps.