Warning

This blog may contain swears

Friday, May 15, 2009

My new friend Douglas

My job at Stanley Park is for the most park quite good. Best job I’ve had so far. I get to be out side in this awesome park walking around all day and teaching kids about things. It’s made me think about a few things. I’m nervous for the next generation. The age range of the kids is from 10 – 13. Many of the girls in the first group I took had mirrors and were asking other students about how their hair looked. Others had hand sanitizer that they used ALL the freakin time. Shitty immune systems here we come. I’ve been helping by encouraging children to not wash their hands and to eat food that they dropped on the ground. Hopefully parents don’t hear about this.

Some children have complained about doing the dishes and told me that it was child labour. Arguing with kids is great though, a lot easier than with adults anyway. I just said… what being forced to clean up after yourselves? She looked ashamed and shut the hell up.

I feel especially bad for some of the spoilt kids from rich families. Some of the teachers have told me that these kids don’t even wipe their own arse or blow their own, that nanny’s do all that for them. A lot of the stuff they had to do on a two day camp totally shocked them. I like that.

Unrelated story: Yesterday I saw a crow pecking a baby duckling to bits. Bits of feathers were going everywhere. It was a wretched sight. Baby ducklings are just so damn cute. Stupid crows. They make me nervous.

I have a new favourite animal. The Douglas Squirrel. It’s native to Stanley Park and is the cutest little thing ever. It’s really shy and has this really timid cute way of running.

No comments: