Warning

This blog may contain swears

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's my blog and I'll swear if I want to

I have finally decided that I shouldn't feel guilty for swears posted on my blog. If people don't like swears, then too bad. Swears are a part of me, they represent me. I'm not gonna stop for nobody...

That aside... here are a few exciting things that happened today:

1) It really shits me how on public transport people sit in the isle seal on buses and leave room next to them, making it difficult to get a seat. It's okay if there's no one on the bus, but when it's busy, be a little considerate please, move over, make room for others. That being said, I think there are right and wrong ways to go about asking these isle hogs to move over, or to aquire the spare seat. On the B-line bus this morning (6:30am) just as I hopped on the bus I saw a guy (Sir Shovealot) launching himself over this other guy (Mr stabby) to get to the window seat, from what I've gathered Sir Shovealot had asked Mr Stabby to move over, but Mr Stabby had head phones in and didn't move, I didn't see any of this though, I just saw the shoving.. Mr Stabby's face was totally mushed with this other guys bag. So anyway, Mr Stabby totally over reacts to this. He starts shoving the guy with his arm, like a five year old with no confrontational skills. This goes on for a few minutes. Then he gets the worlds smallest pocket knife out of his bag and makes pretend stabbing motions towards Mr Shovealot. Mr Shovealot is not happy. He asks Mr Stabby something, I'm not sure what, presumably.. are you gonna stab me you cunt.. then he pushes past Mr Stabby and goes and dobs to the bus driver. The bus stops.. we all have to wait around a bit. I couldn't hear the conversation they had. The bus waits for ages, you hear passengers at the front making mention of someone with a knife. Finally knife guy takes a hint that this isn't a pleasant situation that's going to go away and gets off the bus. I yelled out that he'd gone, was tempted to stay around and help out... I was late for work though, and hopped on the next bus.

People can be damn silly. It's not cool to shove people.. it's not cool to make stabbing motions at people with a miniature pocket knife. It all could have been avoided if they both hadn't been arse holes though.. *sigh*

Real tempted to do a re-enactment using my camera.. see if I can convince April and Trina to participate.

2) Had a job interview for this job. It's with the Stanley Park Ecological Society. I'm not real sure how I feel about it. Part of me thinks it would be awesome, hanging out in a cool park, teaching kids about the environment. Part of me says it will be a little bit too much like teaching, sounds like a fair amount of responsibility. It'll be just me, no one else running this group. The kids will be a fair bit older than what I'm used to teaching. I'll have to drive some kind of van, which makes me nervous. It also means I won't be able to travel around with Rich, dude I met at woodford. Which makes me sad, we can always do it in July though I guess.

There's also a night one, which means sleeping in a tent at Stanley park 3 nights a week, maybe it's two nights though. That sounds pretty cool too though, I'm not sure.. could mean a lot of non sleep. It means less responsibility in the way of actually teaching kids things and is more like showing them how to put up tents and stuff like that.

I find out next week. I wont worry too much until I hear back from them. Anything beats Tim Hortons, it'd be hard to say no to this.

9 comments:

Ben said...

That knife story is hilarious. I seem to miss all the cool action.

When you said "I won't be able to travel around with Rich, dude I met at woodford." I briefly read it as "I won't be able to travel around with rich dude I met at woodford." which sounded slutty. Good times.

That new job sounds much better then donut bitch.

Anonymous said...

Where did I go wrong !!! PS could you please be a little more suttle Cameron, didnt quite get what you ment!

By the way, it seems to me its not really your BLOG, after all, if it wasnt for your readers, you woudnt even bother with it in the first place. You really dont need all that gutter language to get your points across, or is it your writing just cant carry itself on its own ?

Kate said...

Dad, I thought my spelling was bad!!! I feel the swears enhance my story, it makes it sound like it's really me telling it, coz it is I guess..

Cameron - it was dad who told me to tone down the swears!!

Kate said...

Ben - new job sounds freakin ace compared to donut shop... I find out if I get it or not next week. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

I disagree completely. I think a blog is a very personal expression of yourself, and as such it should attract people who connect with the author, rather than the other way around.

And subtlety ain't in my vocabumalary.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs Kate.Swears or no swears - I just want the next instalment.I was really hoping no swears wouldn't put you off blogging or constrict what you really wanted to say.
Camerons comments put me in audible laughter - that's got to be good.
It's a fine balance - swears for enhancement - swears for gutter.
Keep blogging Kate style.
Look forward to the next instalment

Anonymous said...

And yes, I knew it was dad, but others have tried to pressure me to change my blog in the past, and they can smoke my juicy pole!

Anonymous said...

You didn't learn swears from home and I'm pleased about that also

Ben said...

"Camerons comments put me in audible laughter" aka "lol in rl"