Warning

This blog may contain swears

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I really like the look of Canadian houses. They look so livable, so much charm and character. I went a bit nuts on the weekend and took heaps of photos. Here’s one.


Here’s a link to more on my flickr.

I went snow tubing on the weekend. It was freakin’ awesome!! Really made me think seriously about working on the snow fields next winter, somewhere outside of Vancouver to avoid the Olympic crazyness. Be a good opportunity to learn how to ski and snowboard. Here’s a couple of photo’s and video my English friend Alex took of my snow tubing. She forgot to press stop… can’t be bothered learning how to edit it. I think I mention something about almost choking on my tongue towards the end there.









I got the job at Stanley Park! I really wanted the night time job, as it means less responsibilityGood and bad news.

Good:
- more money than tim hortons.
- Better hours than tim Hortons
- Less soul destroying and degrading than Tim Hortons
- No Tim Hortons uniform or hat

Bad:
- Wont get to travel with Rich in May
- Similar to teaching – means more responsibility – nervous that teaching isn’t really my thing, this eliminates most planning, reporting etc, this means being in charge of children though. This will be a good test to see if teaching is really not where I wanna be.

To do list:
- see ice hockey game
- go ice skating
- Science World
- Go skiing


Suzanne Peterson, a teacher who I worked closely with last year passed away last week. Really shocking and sad news. I can’t imagine how people at school must be feeling. It’s so weird being away from it all. This really naïve silly part of me secretly thought that I’d come back to Australia and everything would be exactly the same as when I left.. That’s ridiculous though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what's worse? When you finally leave Vancouver, you'll never be able to come back because the people you were there with will have scattered to the four winds. Sniff.

Kate said...

It's so true. How sad. I'll try not to think about it and enjoy my time for what it is...

Anonymous said...

One thing never changes - A Mums love for her children

Anonymous said...

One thing never changes - A Mums love for her children

Eric said...

Nice stories Kate. Congrats on getting the job, it will be a great experience. Sad news about your friend, how old was she, was it sudden??