Warning

This blog may contain swears

Saturday, November 15, 2008

School Fete!

Just got back from my school's fete. It was everything I had dreamed it would be. I love fetes. I'm not sure why.. I just do. I spent the first hour there fulfilling one of my life's dreams - operating a fairy floss machine. I have always wanted to do it. Fairy floss is disgustingly sugary. But god I love it. It did not in anyway live up to my expectations. It was foul. I was absolutely covered in fairy floss. You'd think this wouldn't be a bad thing... but it was. It was up my nose, in my hair, in my eyes, all over my clothes, my legs: everywhere.



Most uncomfortable. It was kinda staticy too.

I had a hell good time once that was over though. Changed into a new set of clothes, had a falafel (bloody good), some beer, and fairy floss (my experience hadn't put me off enough to not eat it). I got my face painted to look like I had a black eye, I bought a plant and ate a chocolate crackle. What more could you want from a Saturday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That photo is awesome!! :D

Kate said...

Hehe. Thanks!

DS said...

I am incredibly jealous. I have always wanted to operate a fairy floss machine and I love fetes almost more than anything. Today I miss living in a small town.

Kate said...

I used to think there was nothing worse than living in a small town. Coming to Melbourne has made me see the good sides to living in a small town. I'm not going to go so far as to say that I miss living in Wagga though, just parts.

Nebula said...

HEY! Dang i love fetes and fairy floss too!!! You look like the fairy of the fairy floss machine in that picture :D

Those pics of mine are from various beaches around melbourne - Peter got a new car, so we were kinda just cruising along to test it, stopping at beaches along the way.

Peter and Mon are leaving Melbourne at the end of this year. College good times are truly at an end.

I bumped into Chitra the other day - coincidentally she is working like in the building opposite from where I work.

So...maybe it's not all over after all. Friends never say goodbye! :D (Comon, play along with my little illusion, fairy floss fairy).

Nebula said...

Yes - must catch up. Work really sucks for me though - 10hr days every almost every day and I'm working on Saturday (tomorrow) and my first day of holiday is Christmas eve (10 days off altogether).

Point being don't take it personally if I suck at being good at catching up.

Anyways, let me know when you are free and I will try my best to accomodate (and not to be whingy). And of course we havta get "Chitsy" too :D Haha Chitsy. Does she know you call her that? :P

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your blog. It brought back so many wonderful memories.School fetes, sporting carnivals, reading groups, kids on keyboards, concerts, presentation day, the people I got to meet through being involved with the school. I think a big part of the fun of the school fete is a feeling of belonging to that community.