Warning

This blog may contain swears

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Races

Went to the Moonee Valley Races yesterday. I've never been to a horse racing carnival before, not properly. Only to work at Melb cup, and when I was a kid 'cos grandparents owned/trained horses. Generally the thought of being in a large crowd surrounded by boozy bitches in dresses and heels makes me feel sick in the stomach. It surpassed all expectations I had though. The weather was awesome, the beer was cold and we'd brought a mini picnic - dips, bread, olives, sun dried tomatoes and feta. Hell good. There was no massive crowd and we were able to sit at a table outside. To top it all off, there were free rides! It was kids day or some shit. Small nauseating spinney ones. Usually I avoid these types of rides, I'm more a roller coaster type of girl. For free though, who was I to say no. The first ride was awful and I wanted to get off immediately, the Scorpion or something stupid. It was especially small and nauseating. The others were hell cool though. There was this big drop one, similar to Space Probe at Sydney Wonderland, except less stupid novelty sound effects and role play, more up and drop. Not as an intense drop either. It was fantastic.




All up bloody good day. I didn't win any of the bets I put on, but that just reconfirmed my belief that gambling is stupid.

No comments: