Warning

This blog may contain swears

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We had the best time at your party

It’s been a really long time since I’ve hosted a house party. The last event was a house warming at old Crisp Avenue, Brunswick to warm the house of Eliza and Kate. It was an amazing evening where many friends turned up who I hadn’t seen for ages. There was a great vibe the whole night and it ended up in a game of 500 till the sun came up. With this kind of event behind me I was nervous. It was freaking amazing though.


I invited pretty much everyone I know in Vancouver (about 10 people, HA). It began with chilled out afternoon chatting and boozing and reached its pinnacle when my mate Kevin’s Gypsy band Mezamazing cut loose their invigorating tunes. Everyone was up and dancing like a crazy. They finished playing and all who witnessed the event had a heart on fire. It was hard to know how to follow such an act, what music could I play that would come even close to being suitable afterwards.


I tried to teach everyone to do the heel-toe-polka. Bad move. Teaching a group of 7-10 year olds was a cinch compared to a group of about 20 drunk people. Everyone was so loud and uncooperative. At one staged I just yelled at everyone to “shut the fuck up”. Even that didn’t work. It was a total flop. Shortly after most of the party dispersed and it was some more chilled out dancing. The evening ended on another high when the final song was played. Ween – Your Party. It was on shuffle, I couldn’t have chosen better if I’d tried though.

1 comment:

Georgia said...

Agreed! That song is genius.