Warning

This blog may contain swears

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Naked cartwheels

Wow, what a mother freaking excellent weekend. One of the best ever I would say. Went to this festival – Burn in the forest/Entheos. Full of hippies and some of the worst music ever. Bad techno/trance/psy trance. The people and the atmosphere were just amazing though. Main highlights:

1) Getting naked and walking through freezing mother fucking glacial water to get on this sand bank. Softest sand I’ve ever felt. Sat around with these other naked people. Had a naked girl on girl hug. Did handstands and cartwheels. Performed a skit with a naked dude. Sat in a clump of about 6 naked people hugging. Did a waltz with a naked stranger. Had a running race. All naked. Before this weekend I’d never done the public nudity thing. I’d had the opportunity to a couple of times here at the nudie beach. It just seemed so pervy though, and there were so many damn people. This was really normal/perfect though. Forgot I was even naked. Felt damn good.

2) Cuddle puddles. The area of the festival where I was camping had this enormous tie dyed canvas tarp hooked up to some trees with some kind of alter and pillows underneath. I spent pretty much the entirety of Saturday night underneath this canvas in a cuddle puddle. A big group of people just lying down and hugging. It was so good. It got real hippy and everyone was telling everyone how much they loved each other. Hell funny. These hippies are softening my heart a little…

3) Dancing when the sun comes up. The cuddle puddle finished when the sun came up. We got up and hit up one of the stages. It was on the sand bank of the river, overlooking these amazing mountains covered in trees. One of them had a glacier and was all nice and snow covered. Real nice. Great dancing time goodness.

4) Tostadas. One of the food stalls sold these. So delicious.

5) Man wearing blue overalls carrying a knife and a watermelon walking towards us like he was completely insane. Scary. Shortly after we saw him walking around with his pierced penis showing through the fly of his pants.

6) Watching April cover two separate naked men in food. One in mustard, the other in almond milk. Hell funny.

7) The generosity, openness and general awesomeness of the people there. So many cool people here. Makes me really not wanna leave Vancouver to travel.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

oh Kate, I love your blog, it makes me smile. That certainly sounds like one super amazing weekend

Kate said...

I'm real glad Claire! Great to know that people enjoy what I'm writing, makes it all worthwhile :-D

Ben said...

"Cartman: Hippies.They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

What drugs were you on during the naked hippie part? I didn't know events like that existed!

Kate said...

Hahaha... I didn't know events like that existed either. I'm real glad they do though. Apparently they happen in Australia too. Crazy!

Kate said...

Oh yeah, and there were no drugs for the naked hippie part. Natural high brother. Natural high.

Anonymous said...

This is the sort of stuff that makes me think there are some things that family should never know about.

Hi dad! Hi Cheryl!

Eric said...

Hi Cameron, did you get my email!Would like to catch up with you, Ben & Sean one weekend in Sydney over the next month?

Hi Kate, back to nature, sounds like a very interesting weekend! Hope it wasnt too cold! Thanks for having the courage to share this! I might have kept it to my self, but what the heck! Its only naked bodies. But your my daughter !!

Kate said...

Haha.... I did wonder if it was a bit of an over share. I'm sure mum and dad are just happy to be updated on what I'm doing.

Sorry Dad! Nothing sus!

pocketpower said...

you little beauty. more naked parties in the world! :) :)

Kate said...

Hahah! I thought you were crazy getting naked at parties Eliza. Perhaps it is not so bad though. I just presumed it would be all sexual and awkward. It can be hell fun though!

Nicole said...

As I your white-bred friend I feel compelled to pass judgement and admonish such frivollity. However, I enjoyed reading this entry too much. Peace out brother fox.

Kate said...

Thanks King Cole :-D