Warning

This blog may contain swears

Monday, January 5, 2009

MEGA CATCH UP POST

Haven’t had internet access or time for a while, but here is what I’ve been doing.

DOWN TO BUSINESS:

The last week of school was pretty damn intense. Packing up the whole classroom, trying to entertain a group of excited children while at the same time trying to pack up and clean up my apartment. It was pretty bat shit crazy. Hot damn I’m good at accumulating shit. Who knows if I need half of it, or even a tenth of it. Oh well, it’s packed and sorted now. It just didn’t stop though. Not only did I have to pack up all my shit, but I had to sort it as well: Things I wouldn’t need for the next year or more, things I would need to take to Woodford folk Festival, things I would need in Brisbane, and then things I would need while in Wagga, and things I would need to take over seas. Yuck. Once I was cleaned packed and sorted there was the drive to Wagga and the drop off of shit I wouldn’t need at the farm, more unpacking and moving. Prob stayed for 24 hours in Wagga. All this included was a brief hello to Mum and preparing for my trip to QLD. Drove to Dubbo from there, stayed the night, then early the next day it was onwards to Burpengary, home of uncle Ken.



Yes…. Burpengary. So silly.

XMAS:

The last few Christmases have began with a hung over feeling and a sense of not giving a shit. This one was slightly different though as there was a four year old and an eight year old girl waking up excitedly at 5:30am and running about opening gifts. It was actually really nice.



WOODFORD:

Woodford Folk Festival is an intense 6 day hippy/folk festival. It is a festival like no other. It shits all over every other weekend or day festival I’ve been to. The length of the festival allowed for a much more relaxed atmosphere and crowd. Several of the bands had multiple gigs, so you weren’t too worried about missing a band you wanted to see. Everything about this festival was awesome, there was a huge variety of acts, shows, shops, facilities and people. There were fireworks, burlesque, magic, freak show, and shit being set on fire. There were masses of stalls with food and goods. The only downfall perhaps would be the weather. Fuck. So hot on some days. Had to spend the day lying on a hill in the shade doing nothing on one occasion.





HIPPY MAN FRIEND:

I’m relatively fresh out of a long term relationship. I’ve always been skeptical about there being benefits in getting into anything beyond a festival pash, especially since I’m going over seas real soon. There just seems no point. Woodford lead me to the realization that I need to be more open to different possibilities. There can be benefits from what first appears to be short term closeness. I miss my hippy man friend and I’m surprised at how much fun and comfort was shared between us.

FLEET FOXES:

Holy wowzer. What a gig. Such sweet homely voices and harmonies. I managed to piss a girl off by sitting on a railing to get some height. But shit, it was worth being able to actually see what the musicians were doing at a gig. I figured it was my turn. Plus she was a rude bitch who shoved me.

http://www.myspace.com/fleetfoxes



Check out my flickr page for accompanying photos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Burpengary sounds like the ideal name for an Armstrong residence.

Nebula said...

Wow - you have been seriously busy! That hippy festival sounded awesome. I wish I had the motivation to get off my ass and do a few more interesting things. Being geography illiterate and having a phobia of navigating at night really don't help either.

Who were the 4 and 8 year old girls? No kiddies in your family last I heard from you. Unless you managed to pop some babies since the start of last year...babies who have severe fast aging disorder...sounds like a very nice family Christmas all round.

Burpengary. Hahahah. Genius. When are you going to Canada? You must keep posting and keeping me updated ye? All the best!

Nebula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

Cam: Hellz yeah, there was plenty of burpin' to be had by all.

Nebula: You need to get your shit in gear, take some risks and put yourself out there to experience some excitement! It's not going to come to you, you have to get out there and find it!

4 and 8 year old girls are rels of mine. Kinda rels anyway, uncle Kens' partners grand kids. They were pretty cute.

Going to Canada on the 28th of Jan, leaving Australia then anyway, Japan first, then Canada. Will deff. keep posting :-D Thanks for the message :-D