Warning

This blog may contain swears

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fam and relaxin’

Went to Narrabeen on the weekend to visit rels before I leave, and for relaxing. My grandparents on mums side, my Aunt and two cousins, my mum and my little brother Ben and his girlfriend were all there. It was really excellent, great to see fam and great to hang out on the beach. Went into Taronga Zoo in Sydney on Saturday with Ben, Van and mum. Bit of an adventure as none of us were particularly familiar with Sydney’s public transport system.

The zoo was expensive, but by god it was worth it. It’s a lot more green and lush than Melbourne zoo and the views were spectacular. It was on this slope that kind of opened up to Sydney Harbour with a great view of the Harbour Bridge, the Opera House and the city. Sometimes I get a sad feeling when I’m in zoo’s. Caged animals aren’t my favourite things, but I guess I’d never get the opportunity to see such a range of awesome animals so close up other wise, plus they’re being fed and looked after (I hope).





My fave animal was this star tortoise. It had this really cool almost spiked shell, it was super cute. The meerkats were almost really entertaining to watch, scurrying around, digging holes, or just lazing about. Went on the Skyline Gondola thing, it was pretty ace. Ben sneakily got mum on video talking about her experience of flying in a helicopter over the bungle bungles and having a big vom. I’m real tempted to put it up on the net, not sure she’d be real happy though. We caught the ferry to Circular Quay, then another ferry to Manly, then a bus back to Narrabeen. It was a hell good day topped of by a yummy chinese dinner at the RSL.



Another highlight of the weekend was getting to hang out with Ben on a boogie board in the ocean. Brought back a lot of good childhood memories. Ben's boogie board was far superior to mine, but it was sweet as none the less. We swapped boards at one stage and I landed myself with two boogie boards strapped to my wrists, unable to reach the sand with my feet. Big waves came and it was real scary, but the stupidity of the situation just sent me into a laughing fit. Laughing/crying in such a silly situation was not real good, but we worked through it.

For more photos click here.

No comments: