Warning

This blog may contain swears

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas

This was my first Christmas ever where I had to work. Definitely not my favourite. Didn't even feel like Christmas. There's been no Chrismas songs or decorations. This is kind of nice though, back home you have to listen to so many Christmas songs for so long that by the time Christmas comes, you're over it.

Matt and I had Lawsons chicken for Christmas lunch downstairs at work. Usually I'm all about hanging with fam and eating awesome food, wasn't really a possibility though.



After work, got to skype the fam which was awesome. Opened a few gifts from Matt and Dad.

Cat and elephant from Matt:


Earings and necklace from Dad:


Hung out, had some beers, then headed to Jo Jo's, a restaurant in town for a set menu Christmas dinner. None of us really knew what to expect, I thought it was awesome though.

Started with sparkling peach sake and Salmon sashimi:


Not everyone was a fan, so I got to eat heaps.

Then there was a potato soup (I think). Maiyo, from work had a bottle of champagne sent to our table! So nice!

Then the main was roast chicken, with lotus bulb chips, tomato, some sort of root vegetable I wasn't familiar with, and some chargrilled eggplant:



Ended up at the fridge door bar for drinks afterwards. Good way to end the day :-)

No comments: