Warning

This blog may contain swears

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy One Year Anniversary

The 28th of January marked the one year anniversary of my over seas travels. It seems like it should be something significant, I had meant to mark the occasion some how, and remember the moment, and feel its significance. I just kept forgetting throughout the day though. Felt like a normal every day. I had a beer...

I'm super glad that I've ventured out of Australia, out of my comfort zone and done something different, for me. I'm not sure if I've changed all that much, mabye I have, maybe I haven't, who cares, that wasn't the reason for my travels. I've seen, done and experienced some really cool shit that I wouldn't have seen/done/experienced other wise. I have met some mother fucking spectacular people who I never would have come across had I not left Australia. I have come across amazing kindness and generosity, this experience has opened my eyes a lot in that way. Thank you to all the lovely people out there. You are amazing.

Love!

4 comments:

Ben said...

I am lovely and amazing!! Thanks Kate!

Kate said...

Hahah... no worries Ben! You are lovely and amazing!

Pretty sure I was a little bit drunk when I wrote the post... it all stands true though!

Eric said...

Im sure you have changed for the better Kate - look at and compare the scenarios - you In Melbourne teaching for a further year and living in Crisp Ave!! OR the cultural/life challenges and experiences of adapting to daily life, living and working in a completely new country and making new friends. Life and work back in Australia now has a new meaning!

Cheryl said...

It's been a hugh 12 months for you. So much has happened. Really glad you have come through with so many positives.
Thanks to you I was able to reach out of my comfot zone and make my maiden voyage overseas - California. Fantastic.
Best wishes always