Warning

This blog may contain swears

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Kate to Courtenay

Just moved myself and way too much of my crap to Courtenay on Vancouver Island.

I brought a snow board, a push bike, my back pack, a smaller back pack and an enormous suit case filled with my shit. It was a bit of a pain in the arse. People on the sky train into downtown Vancouver were laughing at me. Luckily my mate Hugues agreed to drive me from down town to the Horseshoe bay Ferry terminal, saved a lot of hassle. I had to take my bike out on the bus the day before, wouldn’t have been physically possible other wise.


The family I’ve moved in with have been real lovely and welcoming. Jessie, who I worked with at Stanley park had made me space in her bathroom, and even printed off a label with my name and stuck it on an empty draw for me to put my stuff, sweetest shit ever.


This is the smallest town I’ve lived in since I was 3. It’s the furthest I’ve lived from shops. It’s 5km’s from the house to Downtown Courtenay. It’ll take a little bit of getting used to.

7 comments:

Nebula said...

I'm moving house too! Pain in the bum. Although I'm really only moving literally down the road. New apartment is all. Looks like your stay in Canada is becoming quite permanent? When you coming baaaaccck?

And btw, that pumpkin suit is pretty awesome. You remind me of one of the characters in Peanuts. :D

Kate said...

Haha! Cheers!

Coming back to Aus next September I think, not real sure yet though. I wanna go to a festival in USA in September, so come back after that.

Nebula said...

Yay - you're there! Just looking through the rest of your posts. Looks like it's been an amazing experience so far. I'm so jealous. One of these days I'll pluck up the courage to do some a trip like that.

Have you seen New Moon? Robert Pattinson is sooooo goodlooking!

Kate said...

Hahah, oh Rainbow... I haven't watched New Moon yet... I'm currently reading the 4th book. So I wanna wait a little while until I watch any of the movies. I think they'll seem crummy after having read the books so recently.

Nebula said...

No WAY! The books were good in a reading a fairytale about the perfect teenage romance kinda way. But the movies are pure eye-candy!

Eric said...

What a great family Kate! Sounds like a great experience 'within your own back yard'. Cant help wondering whats in this enormous suit case, given you have two other backpacks!! How easy would this move have been with the old Hilus ute!!!

Kate said...

Hahah... when I was dragging my sorry arse around town with too much shit I was thinking about all the moves you've helped me out with... wishing you were there with your trusty ute.

I had snowboard boots, spare bindings for snowboard, snow shoes, art supplies, clothing, god knows what else in that bag.. it's nice being here surrounded by all the crap I don't need though.