Warning

This blog may contain swears

Friday, November 20, 2009

Wind and snow whirl and blow

I gave myself a 4 day weekend last weekend and took the ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo to meet up with mate Jessie, who I worked with at Stanley Park. There was a job fair at Mt Washington, the ski mountain on Vancouver Island near Courtenay, where Jessie lives with her mum, dad and younger brother. I’d been flirting with the idea of moving there ever since I worked with Jessie in spring, and Jessies family had very kindly said I could live with them. Jessie let me know that there was a job fair happening.

To keep the story short, I went there, it was nuts, many people, but I got a job in the rentals department, presumably helping people rent ski/snow boarding equipment and clothing? I hear it’s a good job to have.. at least it’ll be inside… not sure I could handle the outside cold. So I move out on the 1st of December. Just when I’d settled back into Vancouver. Ahh well, good to have a change.. I came to Canada to see and do new shit.. so here I am. Living the Aussie dream.. haha! I’m pretty pumped, slightly nervous, but mostly excited. Job starts on the 4th of December, and I think the season goes on until the end of March..? Depends on the snow I guess. Good times here we come.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very best wishes for your new adventure. Thank you to Jessie and family.

kellie said...

wow kate have a fantastic time..I have heard so many great things about working the snow fields.. bit jealous really. I would love to do that.

Hope all is well. I'm back in aus in a week. Pretty excited about it and some decent weather.

Kate said...

Thanks Kel!
I'd be excited about some nice weather too, it's pretty damn crummy here at the moment, rains pretty much every day and it's kinda cold. Boo. Good luck with your journey home